Wintergreen Adaptive Sports News & Events
- Another glorious snow sports season has come and gone at our beautiful host resort, but we now look forward to several exciting spring and summer events and to our summer paddling season, set to begin in June.
- Thanks to all who joined us on April 19 for the 2nd annual WAS Road Race. For official race results, see the WAS Road Race webpage, linked here: WAS 5K/8K
- WAS is grateful to all who sent generous year-end donations. Please consider supporting WAS at any time, in any amount. Click here to make a secure online donation!
- On January 5, 2014, in the Sunday edition of the Staunton News Leader, writer Nancy Sorrells offered an illuminating portrait of Wintergreen Adaptive Sports, with a special focus on one of our favorite instructors and race team members, Seth Whitten. Read Nancy's article here: http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301040025
- Local PBS Idea Station featured WAS on the Charlottesville Inside Out program. The episode originally aired in February 2013. Watch online.
About Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
Wintergreen Adaptive Sports is a Chapter of Disabled Sports USA. We offer adaptive instruction in alpine skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, and canoeing. Adaptive sports provide people living with disabilities individualized adaptations--to break down barriers and to support enhanced sporting achievement and enjoyment. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities through outdoor sports and recreation.
Wintergreen Resort is the headquarters for Wintergreen Adaptive Sports.