Wintergreen Adaptive Sports News & Events
- Snow Fest 2014! On January 11 and 12, 2014, join Wintergreen Adaptive Sports for the Wintergreen Resort Snowfest weekend. On Saturday, the eleventh, Wintergreen Adaptive Sports will host adaptive skiing demonstrations, races, live music from The Tara Mills Band, and a screening of the inspiring Kurt Miller film, The Movement, featuring the experiences of several remarkable adaptive skiers. On both days, Wintergreen Resort will donate a portion of all lift ticket sales to Wintergreen Adaptive Sports. See more here: http://wintergreenadaptivesports.org/snowfest/
- This summer WAS received a quality of life grant from the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (CDRF). The grant allowed WAS to purchase a HOC 2 Glide Bi-Ski. Special thanks to CDRF. As we hit the slopes at Wintergreen in a few short weeks, we will have this top-notch new bi-ski available to our students!
- WAS has concluded the 2013 Donovan Foundation Matching Gift Campaign. Thanks to the Donovan Foundation and to all who contributed to what was another successful campaign. Though the matching gift opportunity has ended for 2013, please consider supporting WAS at any time, in any amount. Click here to make a secure online donation!
- Local PBS Idea Station featured WAS on the Charlottesville Inside Out program. The episode originally aired in February 2013. Watch online.
- View information about WAS career opportunities here.
About Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
Wintergreen Adaptive Sports is a Chapter of Disabled Sports USA. We offer adaptive instruction in alpine skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, and canoeing. Adaptive sports provide people living with disabilities individualized adaptations--to break down barriers and to support enhanced sporting achievement and enjoyment. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities through outdoor sports and recreation.
Wintergreen Resort is the headquarters for Wintergreen Adaptive Sports.