Wintergreen Adaptive Sports News & Events
- Thanks to all participants and sponsors who made this year's Wounded Veteran's Golf Tournament, held on June 28 at the Kingsmill Resort in Williamsburg, a great success. WAS is especially grateful to our major sponsors--Stryker Orthopaedics, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman, the USO, and the Richmond Ski Club--for their support of this tournament, its wounded warrior players, and the WAS Wounded Warrior programs funded with tournament proceeds. For more info, see the event webpage: Wounded Veteran's Golf Tourney
- Our Summer Paddling Program is happening now! For scheduled outings and registration information, click here: WAS Paddling
- Thanks to all who helped WAS by participating in the May 6 Give4Good national day of online giving campaign. WAS is pleased to welcome many new supporters and to have received so many generous contributions. Please consider supporting WAS at any time, in any amount. Click here to make a secure online donation!
- Thanks to the sponsors, volunteers, and runners who joined us on April 19 for the 2nd annual WAS Road Race. The Devil's Backbone hosts provided, once again, a superb setting for the race, and the weather was near perfect. Join us again next year for the third annual race! For official 2014 race results, see the WAS Road Race webpage, linked here: WAS 5K/8K
- On January 5, 2014, in the Sunday edition of the Staunton News Leader, writer Nancy Sorrells offered an illuminating portrait of Wintergreen Adaptive Sports, with a special focus on one of our favorite instructors and race team members, Seth Whitten. Read Nancy's article here: http://www.newsleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301040025
- Local PBS Idea Station featured WAS on the Charlottesville Inside Out program. The episode originally aired in February 2013. Watch online.
About Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
Wintergreen Adaptive Sports is a Chapter of Disabled Sports USA and a Paralympic sports club. We offer adaptive instruction in alpine skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, and canoeing. Adaptive sports provide people living with disabilities individualized adaptations--to break down barriers and to support enhanced sporting achievement and enjoyment. Our mission is to improve the lives of individuals with disabilities through outdoor sports and recreation.
Wintergreen Resort is the headquarters for Wintergreen Adaptive Sports.